I know many of you told me how you missed the weekly chat we used to have by email. I thought a blog might be easier for me to manage. I will post as often as possible. If I miss a week, you can check the next. And you can share your comments and tips as well.
This blog is not posted on the blogger list and it is by invitation only. No one who has not been specifically invited will be reading it. This is for us, the group of women who share the lives and ministry of our pastor husbands. This is a safe place. This is a fun place. Here we go!
In a ministry world that seems like a kaleidascope -- ever changing colors and textures -- the pastor's wife needs to wrap her roots around something solid. Even her pastor-husband has evolving philosophies and sometimes erratic moods. The children are growing up, maturing before her eyes. Her parents are aging. Her friends are moving, changing. Trends fluctuate. Styles vacillate. It is a fluid world.
Of course, our Father is our ever-constancy. He gives us.....
- The solidarity of friends. (let's be here for each other)
- The tranquility of grace. (His presence and power)
- The familiarity of family. (there is nothing like your own sofa on a Sunday night)
- The stability of promise. (He is the same yesterday, today, and forever.)
I thank you for being my loyal and joyful companions. Ministry is a great life. And nothing endures but change.
5 comments:
Thanks for the invitation! Feel free to visit my blog, as well, if you'd like. I just started it this year, too. :)
I'm looking forward to reading your blog!
Thanks for the invitation. Looking forward to your updates.
Thanks for the invitation to your blog. We live in Rapid City, SD and their isn't another church close to us. I enjoy reading other ladies' blogs and being connected in that way.
Nicki
I was just wondering last week if you planned to begin this again! Thanks for doing it! It's a big blessing.
I can't wait to do the quick clean thing from your decor blog! I like stuff done quickly too! :>) A fresh start is always a boost! (Helps keep me occupied till baby arrives too!)
Take care!
Liz
I'm so glad you're doing this! I'll really enjoy it. I think the blog will even be better than an e-mail so we can all kind of interact! Thanks for taking the time to do this.
Post a Comment