Church camp is a wonderful institution. A little out of date, probably, but hey, so is camping in general. In fact, the more primitive way of living is in vogue in some circles. My in-laws live in a place where there are lots of get-back-to nature people. They like to have compost piles and hang their laundry on the line, etc. Not that there's anything wrong with these things at all. They prefer a simpler life in some ways. So, if it's all right for them as a lifestyle, I guess it's all right for us for a week.
I have to admit the thing I find most difficult is being without my own bathroom (and I miss my tub for a long soak at night.) Yet, there are some great spiritual and social experiences one can only have on a campground. We'll survive the heat, the bugs, the mud, the steamy shower rooms. We'll arrive home with stained clothes and lots of wet towels. And we'll make plans for next year. Because as long as there's a campground and folks who want to gather there, that's where I plan to be!
Sunday, June 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It was good to see you all at camp. We too miss having our own private bathroom,but I guess you can't have everything you would like at camp. Camp is one of the highlights of our year and we wouldn't miss it for the world. We are already looking forward to youth camp!!!! It will be here before we know it. It's wonderful to get together with God's people and worship Him. In a small way, I think it gives us a taste of what we can expect in Heaven.
Hey, it was really nice to get to visit with you at camp! I was blessed to have a room near the bathroom! That was a lifesaver, since I had 6 children with me most of camp. I couldn't find my flip-flops for one of my showers... no THAT was a slimy shower!
I, too, love camp. It is a little stressful with my children being so young, but I am extremely in love with going to family camp! My children had a blast, and I received huge spiritual help and encouragement! The preaching and music was great... and, so was visiting with some other mamas!
Anyway, I have been working on an article for you, and I have about 3-4 more ideas for other articles. You may use what you like. I need your email address. The first one is rather lengthy, but you will see why. You may email me at sarahgbs@yahoo.com
Thanks... Sorry for the really long comment.
Post a Comment